The Phi Group, LLC conducts various investment businesses in the United States. Its principal offices are located in San Francisco and Houston. The Phi Group was founded by Sean Peng, an MBA graduate from Mays Business School, Texas A&M University, Class of 2001. He is also a Certified Public Accountant and a Chartered Financial Analyst.
Benjamin Graham Investment Principals:
- A stock is not just a ticker symbol; it is an ownership interest in an actual business, with an underlying value that does not depend on its share price.
- The market is a pendulum that forever swings between unsustainable optimism (which makes stocks too expensive) and unjustified pessimism (which makes them too cheap). The intelligent investor is a realist who sells to optimists and buys from pessimists.
- The future value of every investment is a function of its present price. The higher price you pay, the lower your return will be.
- No matter how careful you are, the one risk no investor can ever eliminate is the risk of being wrong. Only by insisting on the “margin of safety” – never overpaying, no matter how exciting an investment seems to be – can you minimize your odds of error.
- The secret to your financial success is inside yourself. If you become a critical thinker who takes no wall street “fact” on faith, and you invest with patient confidence, you can take steady advantage of even the worst bear markets. By developing your discipline and courage, you can refuse to let other people’s mood swings govern your financial destiny. In the end, how your investments behave is much less important than how you behave.
“Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart; intelligence is not information alone but also judgment, the manner in which information is collected and used” – Dr Carl Sagan